The Circle device will set up a temporary hotspot when it is not paired to a Wi-Fi network. This Circle device hotspot will appear during your initial setup, if you change your Wi-Fi username or password, or if the Circle device cannot communicate with your network for any other reason. This hotspot allows you to connect to the Circle device to pair it with your network.
If during the pairing process you are disconnected from the Circle device hotspot:
- Return to your device's Wi-Fi settings and reconnect to your Circle device hotspot.
- If the setup will not proceed or reconnect, force close the Circle app and relaunch to restart the pairing process.
If you still cannot connect to the Circle device hotspot while attempting to pair:
- Move closer to your Circle device. It may be that you are too far away. We recommend being within 3-5 feet.
- Turn your phone or tablet OFF and then ON. This can free up resources and refresh a number of processes.
- Ensure that Circle device has power and is turned ON. The light on the back of your Circle should be blinking.
- Turn your Circle device off and then back on. Wait 60 seconds for your Circle device to startup.
- Wait at least 60 seconds from powering on the Circle device. This ensures that it has enough time to startup.
- Toggle off your Wi-Fi then turn it back on. This will refresh the network list.
- Contact our support team using the links below.
Recommendation: during the pairing process we recommend that you turn your device's mobile data off, along with any Smart Wi-Fi switching options. A quick search for your phone and those phrases should reveal how to do so.
Other helpful articles: