IFTTT (IF This Then That) allows services like Circle to connect with a wide range of other services and applications, by meeting custom-defined conditions. With IFTTT you define triggers and actions. If this then that! You'll do this by creating custom applets. When an applet's trigger is set off, then the specified action happens. Filters and parameters can further customize this behavior. See IFTTT's about page for further details.
The IFTTT connection for Circle described in this support article is an IFTTT service. This service will define triggers and actions, which interact with your Circle device.
Setting up the IFTTT connection on a computer (PC, Mac)
- If you don't have an IFTTT account already, click here to set one up. This account is separate from the information you used to set up Circle and IFTTT is a third-party service.
- Navigate here and click the "Connect" button to begin the connection process.
Setting up the IFTTT Connection on a mobile device (iOS, Android)
- Download the "IFTTT" app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Create an IFTTT account if you don't already have one, or sign in.
- Tap the "Search" icon in the bottom toolbar, and search for "Circle" (the icon should be a blue house on a white circle background, as seen above).
- Tap the "Connect" button to begin the connection process.
Connect your Circle
- Once you begin the connection process, you should be directed to a screen that looks like the image below. Enter the phone number associated with your Circle device into the phone number field, and then click/tap "Submit".
- Enter the passcode that is sent to you in the passcode field, and then click/tap "Submit".
- Once your passcode is accepted, you'll be ready to connect IFTTT. Don't exit out yet! Make sure to hit "Connect" on this screen to finish the process!
At this point, you should be brought back to the IFTTT page for Circle. You can make sure that the connection was successful by checking that Circle is listed as one of your services (under "My Applets", and then click/tap the "Services" section). If you're still unsure, visit here and check that the email address you entered when setting up your Circle device (not necessarily the same as the one you used to sign up for IFTTT) is listed, and that the connection is "Active". It'll look something like this if everything went well:
How Do I Use IFTTT with Circle?
Now that you're connected, head over to this article for instructions on setting up your first applet!