Need parental controls for devices inside and outside your home? Want the ability to ping your kiddo's location? Faster speeds? Learn more about our new product, Circle Parental Controls and Circle Home Plus, at our main website. You can find out about its improvements from our first-generation product in this article.
You are able to have multiple devices manage your Circle with Disney device via the Circle app, in case you have another family member or mobile device that you'd like to enable management access.
Need to manage your Circle Parental Controls app from another device? See the article here for help.
What is the Circle passcode?
When you first set up your Circle 1st generation account you enter your name, email, and phone number for the account. We use that info to secure your account. If you need to add another device to manage your Circle 1st generation device or Circle on NETGEAR router we ask you to enter the Circle passcode. You can view this passcode from another associated Circle app under Menu >> Manage >> Get Circle Passcode or we can text your phone number the passcode.
Note: you cannot set the Circle passcode yourself and it changes each time another app associates with your Circle device.
Having issues with the passcode?
Because this passcode travels through several different network types and security gates, occasionally you may not receive it. You might also have issues using the code. See this article for assistance if so.
Your phone number changed since you set up Circle? Trying to set up a used Circle 1st generation device? Want to skip all the fuss and just start over? Reset your Circle and set up as new.
Manage Circle from a new phone/tablet
- Download the Circle 1st generation app onto the device.
- Connect your device to your Circle device managed Wi-Fi network.
Warning: If your device is not on the correct Wi-Fi network, the Circle app will not see your Circle device.
- Launch the Circle app.
- After loading, the Circle app should automatically detect that a Circle device is on the network. Tap "Manage Circle" to continue.
- Get the Circle passcode from another device using the Circle 1st generation app Menu >> Manage >> Get Circle Passcode.
- No other apps associated with your account? Tap "I'm the only Circle admin" and then "Text Me".
- If you're unable to receive the passcode: follow these instructions for help.
- Once you have retrieved the passcode, enter it in on this screen to link the new admin’s Circle app to the Circle device.
Requirements for Receiving the Passcode Text
- Make sure you are using a device that can receive SMS texts.
- Ensure that you still have access to the phone number you set up for your account. If not, you'll need to reset your Circle and set it up again as new.
- Make sure you have not blocked the number (503) 345-5542. This is our passcode number and should be set to allowed on your phone to receive messages.
- Your Circle device must be paired to the network or your NETGEAR router must be enabled to use Circle on NETGEAR.