Circle lets you change the Filter Settings just the way you want for each family member, starting with age-level presets all the way down to categories of websites, specific online platforms, Custom Filters, and online services, like Ad-blocking or Safe Search. The Circle device's Filter levels set what each family member can and can’t view and each of the toggles lets you customize the content experience to your liking.
Setting the Filter level
- Select the profile of the family member you'd like to set a filter level for from the home screen.
- Tap the Filter Level you'd like to set. See below for descriptions of these levels.
- Tap Save.
Circle's filter levels
- Pre-K - Designed for kids 5 years old and under providing a safe browsing experience with only sites and apps that are appropriate for this age group.
- Kid - Works for kids 6-12 years old. General platforms like education and kid-safe experiences are available by default while filtering out sites designed for older age groups, like social media.
- Teen - Crafted for teens 13-17 years old. Most platforms, categories, and apps are available while limiting access to many popular apps or sites that are 18+. Inappropriate categories are filtered and invisible by default.
- Adult - Appropriate for ages 18 years old and up. Access to nearly all platforms, categories, and apps is available, though explicit and mature content is filtered out by default.
- None - Designed for profiles that you want Circle to ignore, or just be able to Pause, and set BedTimes/OffTimes for. NOTE: Features such as Filtering, Time Limits, and Usage are not available for profiles set to None.
Managing platforms and categories
- You can change the Filter setting for a specific platform or category by tapping the button beside it to cycle through "Allowed", "Not Allowed", and "Unmanaged".
NOTE: Each platform and category comes with a description to help you make the decision about whether to allow, filter, or ignore.
- Tap Save when finished.