It may be that you need to change your home Wi-Fi network's name or password while your Circle device is paired to it over a Wi-Fi connection. If this is the case, your Circle device's pairing to your Wi-Fi will be broken when you make the change. You will need to re-pair your Circle device to your network in order for your profile settings to be enforced by connecting to the hotspot for Circle once again.
If you don't care about connecting over Wi-Fi you can always plug in Circle via Ethernet, and then change your WiFi password. The unit will remain connected as long as the Ethernet cord remains in place.
⚠️ NOTE: The process for getting your Circle device paired back to your Wi-Fi is different between Circle Home (1st generation) device and Circle Home Plus. Please follow the directions for your hardware.
Changing your Wi-Fi name/password with Circle Home Plus
Changing your Wi-Fi name and password is not currently supported for Circle Home Plus. If you need to change either of these for whatever reason, we recommend that you connect Circle Home Plus to your main router via an Ethernet cable before making this change to retain your configurations.
If you require using Wi-Fi to pair your Circle Home Plus and must make a change to your Wi-Fi's name or password, you will need to remove the device from your account (Menu >> Settings >> Remove Circle Home Plus) and re-add it after you have made the necessary changes to your Wi-Fi.
⚠️NOTE: This will result in your Wi-Fi-only devices being removed from your account. Once Circle Home Plus is added back to your account using the new Wi-Fi credentials, the devices you lost will begin to join your Circle account once again, and you can reassign them to their proper Profiles.
Changing your Wi-Fi name/password with the Circle Home (1st generation) device
⚠️Before proceeding, make sure to keep your Circle app installed. If you remove, it the hotspot password for Circle will not appear in the app.
- Close the Circle app completely on your phone or tablet.
- Make whatever changes you need to make to your home Wi-Fi's name or
password. When the change has taken effect, your Circle device will once again broadcast its special "Circle-xxxx" hotspot that you saw when you first set up the Circle device in your home. This may take about a minute.
- Reconnect your device to your home Wi-Fi network using the new name and/or password, and then re-launch the Circle app.
- The app will search for your Circle device, but will not find it because it has become unpaired. When the app sends this alert, select "Pair New Circle". Note: on Android devices you may get the message that you are disconnected. Tap back several times to exit the app, and then reopen it to receive the option above to "Pair New Circle".
- Proceed through the pairing process in the Circle app and use your new Wi-Fi name and/or password to pair your Circle device back to your home Wi-Fi. We recommend temporarily disabling cellular data during this process to improve the connection between Circle and your router.