Circle Go lets you manage your mobile devices wherever they go! Need help setting up Circle Go on your Android device? You're in the right place!
For more information about Circle Go like requirements, pricing, or availability click here. For info on subscribing to Circle Go Check out this article.
Circle Go Setup Walkthrough
Setting up Circle Go
Getting Circle Go installed on your Android device is extremely simple. Make sure you have set up your Circle device already, and that you have a Circle Go subscription going. In addition, make sure your device meets Circle Go's requirements:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher
- Assigned to a Circle managed profile (Adult level or below)
NOTE: Circle Go is not yet supported on Amazon Kindle devices.
Step 1: Install the MyCircle app
Once you've got your Circle device setup, you've set up your profiles, and you're subscribed to Circle Go you are ready to enable Circle Go. You'll need to install the MyCircle app on the device you want to enable Circle Go on.
Step 2: Enable Circle Go on your device through the MyCircle app
Once you've downloaded the MyCircle app on your device, you're ready to Enable Circle Go. You'll do so through the MyCircle app and by following its prompts.
Begin Circle Go setup
Before you open the MyCircle app, make sure the device is under the correct profile and filter level. Assign the device to a Circle profile with a filter level other than "None" or "Unmanaged". If you are having trouble identifying the device you are on, you can get help here.
NOTE: Devices with a filter level of "None" or that are currently "Unmanaged" will not be able to use MyCircle or Circle Go. Devices not connected to the home Wi-Fi while installing Go will not be able to complete the installation.
- Connect the device to your home Wi-Fi network that is managed by Circle.
- Launch the MyCircle app. If you're launching the MyCircle app for the first time, be sure to read through the introduction cards and allow MyCircle to send you notifications.
- Tap Enable Circle Go at the bottom of the screen. (If you’ve opened the app before but not enabled Circle Go yet, tap the Menu button and then Circle Go.)
Install the Circle Go Device Management Profile
In order to work, Circle Go requires the installation of a device management profile onto your phone's operating system. This allows Circle Go to manage your Internet activity according to the settings you've put in place for the person that this device belongs to. You can learn more about the technical details here.
- Tap Enable Circle Go to start the process. This will initiate the install process.
- Tap Next to continue the process. To quit this process and come back to it later, tap cancel.
- Tap OK to allow the MyCircle app to initiate a change to your device's administrators. In order to work, Circle Go requires that the MyCircle app is given permission to act as a device administrator. This allows Circle Go to manage your Internet activity according to the settings you've put in place for the person that this device belongs to.
- Tap "Activate this device administrator” to allow MyCircle to manage your device. If you click “Cancel" the Circle Go installation process will cancel. If you hit “Uninstall the app”, the process will be canceled and you will be prompted to uninstall MyCircle. You must tap “Activate this device administrator” to continue the process.
- Tap OK at the confirmation screen. This will confirm the Activation.
- Tap “OK" to allow the VPN connection request. After the confirmation screen, your Android device will let you know that "MyCircle wants to set up a VPN connection that allows it to monitor network traffic.” This is how MyCircle will enforce the Circle settings on this device when it’s off the home Wi-Fi.
DISCLAIMER: If you attempt to cancel, Circle Go will not allow you to continue and reinitiate the VPN connection request. If you would like to cancel the process you must tap the recent applications button on your Android and close MyCircle. After this, you can start the process later, or MyCircle's management of your device by following these instructions.
- A key icon will now appear at the top of your device, letting you know Circle Go has been enabled and is working. You will also be returned to your MyCircle app. Hurray, Circle Go is enabled!
How do I know that I was successful?
There are a couple of indicators to look for that the installation of Circle Go was successful:
- In the Circle app: After subscribing for Circle Go, you will see a new item appear in the menu of your Circle app. Tap on Circle Go to display which devices are Circle Go enabled.
- On the Circle Go enabled device: On every device that Circle Go is enabled on, you will be able to see a "key" icon in the status bar on your Android device that indicates that Circle Go has been enabled on that device. This badge will always be present while Circle Go is installed.
Other helpful articles:
- How do I setup Circle Go on my device? (iOS)
- How do I disable or remove Circle Go from my device? (Android)
- How do I figure out which device is which on my network?