To make sure that only approved family members can manage your Circle device, we utilize a passcode when recovering your account or if necessary adding another management device. In rare circumstances, the passcode you receive via text may fail to work.
I got the passcode but it won't verify
Pairing a new admin device to Circle is easy, but occasionally the passcode you use might fail to verify. This can occur because of a network issue, or because a process on Circle stopped working.
1. Restart both your router and Circle device. Power off your router and then back on to reboot it. Then, hold the Circle device's power button on the back for approximately 10-15 seconds until the white light goes off, and then hold the power button for a few seconds until it turns back on.
2. Plug in Circle to your router via Ethernet cord.
3. Wait 15 minutes and then move on to the next step. (This allows any services on your Circle device to restart.)
4. Retrieve the passcode from your second device, or in the Circle app tap "Resend Code".
5. Enter the passcode as shown or received.
Other helpful articles: