Circle adds up the time each family member spends on websites and different platforms, such as Facebook or Netflix. The Usage portion of each profile displays the information you are looking for clearly and neatly, by categorizing the types of websites visited.
With Usage, you can view the duration of all Internet activity by day, week, or month. If you'd like, Usage gathered from the previous day, week, and month is available for a quick comparison.
To View Usage
- Open the profile of the family member you would like to view insights for.
- Tap the Usage section.
- The Usage page will load, detailing your family member's internet activity for the day.
Activity is organized by category and platform and ordered by longest duration spent at the top so you can easily see where the most time is spent online.
To view by day, week, or month:
- Tap the corresponding duration you’d like to view (Day, Week, or Month).
- The total time online is shown.
- Compare with previous activity by selecting Yesterday or Last, depending on which time frame you’re looking at.
To view more details in a category:
- Tap the category's name.
- A detailed list of sites visited will be shown along with the time spent on that site.
- Tap the category's name again to close the list.
Unsure of the website listed?
To view the website:
- In the category list view, tap the website name.
- Click on Visit Website to view the URL in your web browser.
To filter a website for a family member:
- In the category list view under a family member's profile, tap the website name.
- Tap "Set as Not Allowed".
- The site will now be listed under Custom Filters within the family member’s profile and they will no longer be able to access that site. See Custom Filters for more.
Other helpful articles:
Common Usage troubleshooting issues: