Chores Connection: Mothershp, Landra, and Choremonster
We've partnered with the folks at FamilyTech to support integration with their family of chore management apps, which include Mothershp, Choremonster and Landra. These are a set of web and mobile apps that make chores fun for kids and easy for parents. Your kids can now earn rewards in Circle by doing their chores. Best of all, it’s all automatic once you’ve set up the connection. Johnny wants to stay up a little longer? Great! He just needs to make sure his room is clean and let you know through the Choremonster app! Jill wants some more screentime? Alright, but she needs to brush her teeth and get ready for bed first!
For more on Mothershp, Choremonster, and Landra, check out their support article here.
Setting up the Chores connection is super easy and only takes a couple steps. First, make sure you meet the requirements: you’ll need the latest update of the Circle app, and to have downloaded either Choremonster (for kids) or Landra (for teens), and their admin app Mothershp (for parents).
Note: You will not be able to setup the Chores Connection for profiles assigned to the Filter level of "None".
Once you’ve downloaded the right apps and are on the latest version of the Circle app, setting up a Connection between Choremonster and your Circle device is a three step process. (If you’ve already been using FamilyTech’s apps and services, scroll down to the third step to connect Circle with their apps and start your Chores connection.)
- Get Your Family’s Profiles Created in MotherShp and Set Up Choremonster.
- Log into Mothershp and Connect Your Family’s Profiles with Circle.
- Create a Bedtime or Time Limit Reward in Mothershp.
Step #1: Get Your Family’s Profiles Created in Mothershp and Set Up Choremonster
Before you start the Circle Connection for chores, you’ll want to make sure you’ve set up the Mothershp app and made a profile for yourself and your family members.
Setting up Mothershp
The Mothershp app is where you'll create chores, set up rewards, and approve requests from family members. You'll need it and a FamilyTech profile to set up the Circle Connection for Chores.
Download the Mothershp app from your app store (either Android, iOS, or Kindle Fire) and then sign up within the app or online. Create profiles for the family members you'd like to be able to do chores and redeem rewards, then create the appropriate chores and some rewards if you'd like.
For more on this process, check out FamilyTech’s beginner's guide for their apps.
Setting up Choremonster
Now that you’ve set up the Mothershp app and created profiles for you and your family, you’ll want to make sure your kids can log their chores and make requests for rewards. They do so through the Choremonster (for kids) or Landra (for teens) apps.
Download the appropriate app to any devices you’d like them to use to log chores or make requests. Afterwards log into the profile you created earlier for them. They’ll then use these app to log chores you made for them, or request the rewards you’ve set up.
For more on this process, check out FamilyTech’s support website for Choremonster.
Step #2: Log into Mothershp and Connect Your Family’s Profiles with Circle
Now that you’ve set up the Mothershp and Choremonster/Landra apps for your family, created their profiles, and made some chores, you’re ready to set up your Circle Connection for Chores.
You'll connect the Circle app with your Mothershp account by following these steps:
- Open up the Circle app.
- Load any family member’s profile by tapping on it.
- Tap Connections at the bottom of the profile.
- Tap Chores.
- Tap Connect at the bottom to start the connection process. A dialogue box will pop up, reminding you to make sure you map every family member. You’ll then be asked to login using your FamilyTech login.
- Login using your FamilyTech account you set up for the Mothershp app. (If you've not set up an account yet, you will need to do so before proceeding. See Step #1 above.)
- Drag your family member’s profile to the associated Circle profile. (The profiles under each monster were created in Mothershp earlier. Those on the right are associated with your Circle app. Tap and drag the monsters to the appropriate profile.)
- Scroll to the bottom and tap "done" to complete. After doing so you will be notified of your success and returned to the Circle app (once you're linked you can also hit the back button to return immediately to Circle.)
- You should now see that you are connected when the button changes color from blue to red, and says "Disconnect".
Note: it might take several minutes for the Circle app to update the button to say "Disconnect". Don't worry, once you've received a confirmation that your device and app are linked you are good to go and can setup or claim rewards through Mothershp.
Once you’ve started your Circle Connection for chores your kids will be ready to redeem their completed chores for Rewards in the Circle app. Once everything is set up properly these will automatically apply to the correct profile.
Step #3: Create a Bedtime or Time Limit Reward in Mothershp
- Open up the Mothershp app. Login if necessary.
- After logging in, tap the REWARD section.
- Then tap the ADD A REWARD button.
- Scroll to the end of the list of rewards and choose either "Extend Screen Time" (a reward that will increase your family member's daily Time Limit by one hour) or "Extend Bedtime" (a reward that will extend your family member's BedTime by one hour).
- Add a point value to this reward then tap "Next Step".
- Add this reward to the appropriate family members’ profiles and then tap "ALL DONE!".
Congratulations, you’ve setup your reward. Once your kids earn enough points they can now redeem those points for a reward through the Choremonster or Landra app. After you’ve approved this reward via the Mothershp app, it will automatically apply to their Circle profile!