Dinner time. Homework time. Or just no-Internet-time. Circle gives you the power to Pause the whole network, individual family members, or even specific devices.
To Pause the whole network:
- On the Home Screen, tap the Pause button.
- When prompted, confirm that you would like to pause your internet access.
- You will know that the whole network is paused by using the visual cues seen in the image on the right below. In addition to the pause badges on each profile and the overall color change, the Circle mark at the top of the screen will animate back and forth with a "PAUSED" alert.
NOTE: This animation will also display on profile and device screens when they are individually paused.
- To un-Pause, tap again the Pause button on the home screen again.
NOTE: This will only Pause devices that are managed by Circle.
Unmanaged devices will not be Paused.
To Pause a family member:
- On the Home Screen, tap the family member you want to pause.
- On their Profile Screen, tap Pause.
- To un-pause the family member, tap again. the Pause button on their profile again.
To pause a device:
- From the Home Screen, tap the Devices icon at the top right (the icon looks like a laptop and smartphone).
- Select the device you want to pause from the Devices List to enter the settings screen for that device.
- Tap Pause on the Device Settings screen. Look at the screens below to see what it looks like when a device has been paused.
- To un-pause, tap again the Pause button the Device Settings screen again.
Pause isn't working properly
If you find that Pause isn't working properly, there are a few things worth checking on:
- Ensure that Pause has actually been activated.
If you are not sure, close the Circle Home app completely and relaunch it to check. Look for the visual cues noted above.
- Ensure that devices are properly assigned to the correct profiles.
If you expected a device to be Paused but it is not, make sure that the device is properly assigned to the correct profile.
- Reboot your router.
It may be that your router needs to be refreshed in order for the new Pause settings to take hold.
Need more help?
Here are some resources that may help: