When the Circle device first turns on and it cannot find a network it is paired with, it will begin to broadcast its own hotspot, which is like a dedicated Wi-Fi network just for your Circle device. The hotspot will have a name that looks like "Circle-xxxx" (i.e., "Circle-1E44"), Connecting to this hotspot is one of the very first steps to get your Circle device setup.
The Circle device hotspot behaves in different ways depending on where you are in the setup process for your Circle device, but once you've successfully paired your Circle device with your network/router, the Circle device hotspot will no longer appear in your Wi-Fi list.
I can't find my hotspot during setup
If you are unable to find the Circle device hotspot in your Wi-FI network settings during initial setup:
- Move physically closer to the Circle device (within 3-5 feet).
- Ensure that the Circle device has power and is turned ON. The light on the back of your Circle device should be blinking slowly.
- Wait at least 60 seconds from powering on the Circle device. This ensures that it has enough time to startup.
- Toggle off your Wi-Fi then turn it back on. This will refresh the network list.
- Turn the Circle device off and then back on. Wait 60 seconds for Circle to startup.
- Forget the Circle hotspot from your WiFi settings, and forget your current WiFi connection.
Circle is asking me to pair again but the hotspot isn't appearing
When you pair your Circle device with your home Wi-Fi, the Circle device hotspot automatically comes down in order to prevent your phone from accidentally connecting back to the hotspot rather than your home network. You will know that your Circle device is paired with your home network if the light on the back of your Circle device beneath the power plug is ON and solid (not blinking).
If launching the Circle app brings you back to the "Begin" setup screen after you've already paired Circle device rather than the app's home screen, here are some steps to work through:
- Close the Circle app and relaunch it. Check the light on the back of Circle device. If it's blinking, you may need to pair your Circle device again, so proceed through the setup screen. If it is solid, there was likely a misfire of the app.
- Reboot your router. At times, the communication between the Circle device and the app breaks down at the router. Rebooting (i.e., restarting) the router can help to resolve this issue. Warning: rebooting your router will temporarily take down your internet connection. Only do so if you feel comfortable.
- Reboot the Circle device. Turning the Circle device off and then on again can help to get you back into the app properly.
- Use the Ethernet cable. Connecting your Circle device to your router with the Ethernet cable provided can help to strengthen the communication between the app and your Circle device. The Circle device's Ethernet port is located beneath the flap on the back of the device below where it plugs into power.
- Contact support. If you have tried all of the above and still cannot see the Circle device's hotspot during the pairing process scroll to the bottom of this page and get in contact with our support team.
Other helpful articles: