During the Circle Setup process, after you've connected to the Circle Hotspot and are asked to pair Circle to your home network you might encounter a "Can't Connect to Circle" error message.
Troubleshooting this error
- Make sure Circle is on and has consistent power.
- Ensure that you are close to Circle and your router during setup.
- Make sure Circle is close to your router (within 3-5 feet).
- Return to your Wi-Fi settings and ensure that your device is properly connected to the Circle-xxxx hotspot.
- Force close the app and try again.
- Check to see if your phone or tablet is running a program that makes it connect to the Internet in a unique way, such as a VPN, a data compression service, a proxy connection, or something else connected to an MDM (Mobile Device Management) profile. .
Android Specific Tips
- If you're using Android, make sure you disable your device's data and then try again. Since the Circle Hotspot does not connect to the Internet your phone might have switched over to using data for its outbound communication.
- In addition, turn off any smart WiFi switching options on your phone, and make sure that you're still connected to the Circle Hotspot. If you become disconnected from the hotspot, reconnect and then proceed.
- Finally, if you've factory reset your Circle previously, you may need to clear the Circle app's data. Open Settings > Apps > Circle > Storage > and then tap "Clear Data". This sequence for opening the Clear Data option might be a little different depending on what Android device you have.
Running into this error after setup? Check out this article.
Having trouble pairing Circle to your WiFi network? Check out this article.