The Devices screen lists all the devices on your home network and gives you a quick glimpse of who each device belongs to. Selecting a device from the list allows you to customize its settings. Under Device Settings, your Circle lets you rename a device, pause it, assign it to a profile, or remove it.
To see every device connected to your Circle:
- Open your Circle Parental Controls app.
- Tap the Devices icon in the upper-right hand corner.
A list of every device connected to your Circle will display with more info:
- The icon next to them indicates what profile each is assigned to and the filter level of this device. Two rectangles of unequal heights means the device is "Unmanaged". A home icon indicates the device is assigned to your home profile.
- Below each device in the list, you'll see a manufacturer and our best estimate of the device type (e.g. Mobile Device, Laptop, Smart Speaker, etc.)
- A "VPN" badge next to a device indicates it was added using the Circle kid app and being managed even while mobile.
If you tap on a device from the Devices list or from Profile > Devices you can see its settings or perform certain actions.
To assign or reassign a device to a family member's profile:
- Open the Device list by tapping Devices from the top left three-bar menu on the Home screen.
- On the Device Details screen, tap Assigned to.
- Select the Family Member's Profile you’d like to assign the device to. You can also assign a device to the Home Profile or Unmanaged.
Note: Circle features such as Filtering, BedTime, Pausing, and Time Tracking do not affect Unmanaged Devices. These devices will connect to your home network and access the internet as normal.
To rename a device:
Renaming a device will make it easier to identify and assign to the right family member's profile.
- Find the device by opening the Profile it is assigned to or by looking at your Circle’s Device List. This will open the Device Details page.
- On the Device Details screen, tap Device Name.
- Enter a new name for the device.
- Tap Done when finished.
To remove a device from the Circle device:
If your Device list is cluttered with old devices, or you you don't think one of your devices is displaying accurate information, you can remove it from Circle. Any devices that are removed will show up again after connecting to your WiFi.
- On the Device Details screen, tap Remove Device.
- Click Remove to confirm.
Family Member Devices
With Circle you can quickly see which devices are assigned to your family member's profile.
To view the settings for a family member's device:
- On the Family Member Profile, tap the Device column
- Tap on the device name.
To see all devices connected to your Circle, once under a family member's profile:
- Tap Devices.
- Tap See all devices at the bottom of the list.
- A list of all the devices on your home network will be shown under the All Devices title.
To automatically assign new devices to the Home profile:
- On the main Circle Parental Controls app page, tap the top-left three-bar menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Under the Circle Home Plus title, use the Assign New Devices to Home Profile toggle to control where new devices are automatically assigned to.
- Blue is on, this setting will assign new devices to the Home profile automatically.
- Grey is off, this setting will automatically assign devices as Unmanaged.
Kid App Devices
If you've added a device to Circle using the kid app, you'll see it in your device list with a "VPN" icon next to it. You can see more info about this device by tapping on the device.
- The Device ID will be a MAC address we virtually assign to the device. This will differ from the MAC address you see in its settings.
- The Last Seen field will tell you the last time the device checked in with Circle. You can pull down on the screen to refresh this field.
- The Status field will reflect the status of our Circle VPN. You'll want to make sure this shows as "VPN Active". You can check out this article for resolving issues related to other statuses.
Having trouble identifying devices in your home?
Sometimes, it can be tough to figure out which device is which on your network. We've built this helpful troubleshooting flow to help walk you through getting your devices assigned properly in Circle. You can also use the link in the helpful articles section below for more information.
Other helpful articles: