During setup, the Circle device will look for devices that should be Unmanaged and pre-select them to avoid issues on your network. Unmanaged Devices are ignored by the Circle device to ensure that none of your sensitive or smart home devices accidentally get Paused or Filtered. The Circle device should ignore the following:
- Smart thermostats or smoke detectors
- Wi-Fi enabled outlets or light switches
- Sensitive Wi-Fi controlled equipment
- Other smart home devices
We recommend that you assign network devices like switches, extenders, APs, gateways, etc. to the Unmanaged category if they appear under your device list. This will ensure that they can communicate accurately with your main router.
To assign or reassign a device to Unmanaged:
- In the Circle app, open the Devices list by tapping Devices on the Home screen.
- Tap the name of the device you would like to change to open the Device Settings screen.
- Tap Assigned to.
- Check the box next to Unmanaged.
See "Devices" for more information.