Using a built-in, Circle-enabled NETGEAR router, and not our little white box? You'll need to subscribe to Premium in order to use this feature; see this article for more details.
Rewards for Circle are a simple way for parents to give extra time online to kids on the fly without having to change their existing Time Limits, BedTime, or OffTime settings. Rewards can be sent to individual family members to grant extra time to their Time Limits, extend BedTime, or eliminate an OffTime just for the day, and normal settings will be in place the next day.
NOTE: A given Reward will only work if the profile has the corresponding feature enabled. For example, extending BedTime will be unavailable if there is no BedTime enabled for that user.
How to Send Rewards
Rewards for Circle all begin from a family member profile. Tap the family member that you want to send a Reward to, and tap the Reward button near the top right of the profile settings screen to bring up the Reward window:
Send an "Extend Time Limit Today" Reward
- Tap the Extend Time Limit Today option to bring up the list of Time Limits set for this family member.
- Select the Time Limit you want to extend, and choose how much longer this family member will get to spend online for that category, platform, or total time online. You can extend the Time Limit for any of these up to 12 hours, and you can extend multiple Time Limits at the same time!
- When you are done selecting the Extend Time Limit Rewards, each time allotment for each Limit that you have extended will display in blue. If everything looks good, tap Send to send the reward to this family member!
Send a "Disable OffTimes Today" Reward
- Tap the Disable OffTimes Today option to bring up the list of OffTimes that belong to this family member.
- Tap the OffTime that you would like to disable for the day in the list provided. You may select as many as you like, and when you are ready, tap Send to send the Reward to this family member.
Send a "Late BedTime Tonight" Reward
- Tap the Late BedTime Tonight option to bring up the current day's BedTime for this family member.
- Use the dial at the bottom of the screen to select a later time in the day for BedTime to begin.
NOTE: You may push BedTime to within 15 minutes of the following day's Awake time.
How to Edit an Existing Reward
It may be that you would like to adjust a Reward that you have already set in motion for the day. There are two ways to do this:
- From your family member's profile screen, tap the Rewards option at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up your list of Rewards already in place for the day, and you can tap on any to make whatever adjustments you wish to make.
- From the family member profile screen, tap the Rewards icon to bring up the Reward settings.
If you have any Rewards already set, you will see a new button that says Edit Existing Reward. Tap this to bring up your list of Rewards already in place for the day. You can tap on any to make adjustments.
How To Remove A Reward
It may be that you'd prefer just to return a family member's settings back to your set defaults. To do this:
- From the profile settings screen, use either of the methods described above to reach the list of Rewards in place for that family member.
- Place your finger on the Reward you would like to remove and swipe left to reveal a Delete button.
- Tap Delete to remove the Reward from this family member's profile.