Currently, the Circle and MyCircle apps support the following languages:
- English (Circle’s default)
The words displayed in your Circle experience are drawn from two different places: the apps, and the Circle device firmware. Each of these must be set properly in order for the Circle experience to display the correct language.
How to set the app language
When they launch, Circle and MyCircle will determine what language your iOS or Android device itself is set to by looking at the system-level settings. If the language that your device is set to is supported by Circle, the apps will launch and operate in that language. If the language is not supported, the apps will default to English.
How to change your Circle device’s (firmware) language
The Circle device firmware receives its language settings during setup by looking at the language settings for the iOS or Android device that you're using to set up Circle. If your phone/tablet is set to a supported language, that will be the language set in your Circle device for items sent from the device itself, such as category information and notifications. If the language is unsupported, the Circle device firmware will default to English.
It may be that your Circle or MyCircle app is displaying in one language, but some of the words in the apps are still displaying in an incorrect language. This suggests that the Circle device firmware is set to a different language than the system-level settings for your iOS or Android device.
To reset the Circle device firmware language
- Uninstall the Circle app from your management device.
- Confirm the language on your iOS or Android device is the language you want the Circle firmware set to.
- Download and reinstall the Circle app from your app store.
- Launch the Circle app while on your home Wi-Fi.
- Follow these instructions for retrieving a passcode. Once you input the passcode, the app will tell your Circle device which language to operate in.