You may find that your Circle with Disney device's time does not appear consistent with the timezone that you are currently in (or would like it to be in). There are a couple symptoms that could pop up in your Circle experience that are rooted in this issue:
- Bedtimes start/end earlier or later for family members than their settings say it should.
- Time stamps in a profile's History don't match the actual time of the day when sites were visited or filtered out.
- When transporting your Circle device between timezones, it does not automatically update its time settings.
If any of these symptoms occur for you, you may want to correct the time zone for your Circle.
How to correct the time zone for your Circle
- On the device you use to manage your Circle device, open your Circle app and go to Menu >> Manage >> My Account. Ensure that the phone number there is correct because you will need to get a new passcode in a moment.
- Remove the Circle app from that device completely.
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download a fresh version of the Circle app onto that device.
- After connecting to your home Wi-Fi that has your Circle device paired to it, launch the Circle app.
- When the Circle app finds your Circle device and asks for a passcode, have Circle resend the passcode to the original phone.
- Once you verify that app with the new passcode, your Circle device's time zone settings will change over to what the phone currently is using.
NOTE: If the time settings on that phone are still incorrect, your Circle device's time settings will not reflect your current time zone. You will need to correct the time settings on that device and try again.
How Circle gets its time settings
Your Circle device does not grab time settings information directly from the router or the wider Internet. Rather, your Circle device gets its time settings directly from the device that was most recently authorized to manage your Circle device.
For example, say one parent's phone is already setup to manage your Circle device. If another parent gets a passcode for their own phone to manage your Circle device as well, the time from the second phone will be the Circle device's new, official time once they have been verified with a new Circle device passcode.
Now hopefully, that second device has the correct time and there won't be any problem. But, if that device has an incorrect time, or if you move the Circle device from one time zone to another, there will be an inconsistency between the Circle device and the time zone that you are in, and all the time-stamping that your Circle device does will be "off".