Safe Search is a tool provided by Google and Bing that eliminates sexually explicit content from these sites search results.
"When SafeSearch is on, sexually explicit video and images will be filtered from Google Search result pages, along with results that might link to explicit content. When SafeSearch is off, we'll provide the most relevant results for your search and may include explicit content when you search for it." - Google Support
To enable Safe Search
- Select the profile of the family member that you would like to enable Safe Search for.
- Tap Filter in their profile settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the filter options to the Privacy & Safety category.
- Tap the button next to Safe Search to turn it from Off to On.
- Press Save at the top right of the screen.
NOTE: When Safe Search is enabled on a family member's profile, access to Yahoo Search will be disabled. Access to sites such as yahoo.com will still be available.
IMPORTANT: Circle only enforces the use of Google and Bing's Safe Search features, and does not control the effectiveness of the tool directly. If you run into issues with how these company's Safe Search features handles particular search terms, please contact Google support or Bing support, respectively, to let them know where the tool is failing.
Is there inappropriate content showing up in your Safe Search? Here's more info and what to do about it.