The Circle app is equipped with a 4-digit lock code for folks who want to secure their Circle app. This is especially valuable for families who have the Circle app on a shared device, such as a family iPad, or for families where more than one adult manages Circle settings.
Setting up the Lock PIN
- Open the Circle app.
- From the Home screen, go to Menu >> Manage >> Lock PIN.
- Switch the Enable Lock PIN toggle to ON (right).
- Enter a 4-digit code as the code you would like to use, and then re-enter it to verify that you have the right code in place.
NOTE: On iPads, you may need to tap the screen to get the keypad to appear.
- If your phone is equipped with Apple Touch ID, a new item will appear in the Lock PIN management screen. Turn the toggle ON to enable Touch ID to unlock your Circle app.
- When you launch the Circle app next, you will see one of the following screens, depending on whether Touch ID is enabled. Enter your 4-digit code or your Touch ID to unlock your Circle app.
Disabling and resetting the app lockPIN
- From the Circle app's home screen, go to Menu >> Manage >> Lock PIN.
- Switch the Enable Lock PIN toggle to OFF (left). NOTE: This will delete the previous lock code that was set.
- Switch the Enable Lock PIN toggle back to ON to set a new lock code using the steps above.
Forgot your lock PIN?
Once the app lock PIN has been set for the Circle app, you will need that code to access the profiles and settings in the Circle app. If you have forgotten the lock PIN, the only way to remove it is to uninstall the app from your device, reinstall the app, and reauthorize that app through a passcode. We provide instructions for authorizing a newly installed app here.