Circle Go lets you manage your mobile devices wherever they go! Need help setting up Circle Go on your iOS device? You're in the right place!
For more information about Circle Go like requirements, pricing, or availability click here. For info on subscribing to Circle Go Check out this article.
Setting Up Circle Go
Getting Circle Go installed on your iOS device is extremely simple. Make sure you have set up your Circle device already, and that you have a Circle Go subscription going. In addition, make sure your device meets Circle Go's requirements:
- iOS 9.0 or higher on your device
- Assigned to a Circle managed profile (Adult level or below)
- Have the Safari browser enabled under Settings > General > Restrictions
- Not have any other Device Management Profiles (MDM) installed on the device.
Step 1: Install the MyCircle app
Once you've got your Circle device setup, you've set up your profiles, and you're subscribed to Circle Go you are ready to enable Circle Go. You'll need to install the MyCircle app on the device you want to enable Circle Go on.
Step 2: Enable Circle Go on your device through the MyCircle app
Once you've downloaded the MyCircle app on your device, you're ready to Enable Circle Go. You'll do so through the MyCircle app and by following its prompts.
Begin Circle Go setup
Before you open the MyCircle app, make sure the device is under the correct profile and filter level. Assign the device to a Circle profile with a filter level other than "None" or "Unmanaged". If you are having trouble identifying the device you are on, you can get help here.
NOTE: Devices with a filter level of "None" or that are currently "Unmanaged" will not be able to use MyCircle or Circle Go. Devices not connected to the home Wi-Fi while installing Go will not be able to complete the installation.
- Connect the device to your home Wi-Fi network that is managed by Circle.
- Launch the MyCircle app. If you're launching the MyCircle app for the first time, be sure to read through the introduction cards and allow MyCircle to send you notifications.
- Tap Enable Circle Go. (If you’ve opened the app before but not enabled Circle Go yet, tap the Menu button and then Circle Go.)
Install the Circle Go profile
In order to work, Circle Go requires the installation of a management profile into your phone's operating system. This allows Circle Go to manage your Internet activity according to the settings you've put in place for the person that this device belongs to. You can learn more about the technical details here.
IMPORTANT: If your Safari browser is disabled on this device (Check Settings > General > Restrictions) then the set up process will simply return to the MyCircle App. You will need to enable Safari before installing Circle Go.
To install the profile:
- Tap Enable Circle Go.
- Press Install at the top right of the settings screen that displays.
- Enter your phone's passcode if prompted.
- Confirm that you trust the source of the profile and want to continue installing Circle Go.
- Tap Done to complete setup. This will bring you to a webpage that briefly describes the process you just went through and allows you to head back over to the MyCircle app. We recommend that you close this page in your Safari browser once you are done with Circle Go installation.
How do I know that I was successful?
There are a couple of indicators to look for that the installation of Circle Go was successful:
- In the Circle app
After subscribing for Circle Go, you will see a new item appear in the menu of your Circle app. Tap on Circle Go to display which devices are Circle Go enabled.
- On the Circle Go enabled device
On every device that Circle Go is enabled on, you will be able to see an item in the status bar on your iOS device that indicates that Circle Go has been enabled on that device. It is a small box with the letters "VPN" inside, and it looks like this:
This VPN badge will appear anytime Circle Go is in effect to manage the Internet activities for that device.