You can find out about it improvements from our first generation product and Circle Go in this article.
Circle Go is intended to be a valuable tool for your family, but there may be times when you wish to delete Circle Go from one of your mobile devices. This article includes instructions for:
- Removing Circle Go from an iOS device
- Removing Circle Go from an Android device
Removing Circle Go from an iOS device
- Pick up the device that you want to disable Circle Go for.
- Go to iOS Settings >> General >> Device Management.
- Select the Circle Go profile
- On the following screen, tap Remove Management.
- You will need to enter your phone's or tablet's passcode to confirm, and then you must select Remove Management again.
When the profile has been removed, the parent device with the Circle app will receive a notification that the management profile has been disabled on that device.
To re-enable this device with Circle Go, you must reinstall the management profile. For more information on installing the Circle Go management profile, click here.
Removing Circle Go from an Android device
Note: different manufacturers and versions of Android may differ from these instructions. If you have an issues following these we encourage you to search for specific instructions from your device's manufacturer for removing a device administrator.
- From the home screen of your Android device, tap the Apps button at the bottom to open the Android apps installed on this device.
- Open Settings.
- In Settings, go to Security >> Device administrators.
- In the Device administrators screen, uncheck the MyCircle box. This will disable the Circle Go management of your Android device being enforced by the MyCircle app.
- Now delete the MyCircle/Circle Go system from your device at this point by uninstalling the MyCircle app.
If you need to re-enable Circle Go you can do so by installing the MyCircle app again and enabling Circle Go while at home.
Disable device in the Circle App
Each Circle Go enabled device that you have setup will be listed in the Circle app. Here is how you can free up that spot in your allotment of 10 devices, or disable Circle Go for that device. Remember to do this if you no longer want to receive Circle Go related notifications about this device.
- Open the Circle app and go to Menu >> Circle Go.
- Swipe left on the device you'd like to disable. (On an Android device, long press on the device.)
- Tap Delete.
IMPORTANT: If you disable Circle Go on one of your devices in the Circle app, you must also remove the management profile from that same device. Failure to do so will result in a loss of Internet connectivity for that device.