Every once in awhile every electronic device needs a good reboot-- even your Circle device!
We'd recommend rebooting Circle anytime you encounter an issue related to all of your devices or your entire network, or if Circle's LED suddenly starts blinking. There are two ways to reboot Circle.
Reboot via the Circle app
To reboot via the Circle app do the following:
- Make sure Circle is powered on and the light is solid. If the unit is not accessible via the app, you will need to reboot via the power button.
- Open the Circle app.
- Tap the Menu button (some people say it looks like a hamburger).
- Tap Manage.
- Tap Reboot Circle.
Your Circle device will then reboot, powering off, back on, blinking for a moment, and if it can connect back to your router the light will go solid.
Reboot using the power button
To reboot via the power button do the following:
- Make sure Circle is plugged into power and on. (Hold the power button to turn it on if plugged in.)
- Hold down on the power button for 10 seconds. The unit's light will power off.
- Release the power button.
- Hold down on the power button for 3 seconds and then release. The unit's light will power back on.
Your Circle device will blink for a moment, and if it can connect back to your router the light will go solid.