Every once in awhile every electronic device needs a good reboot-- even your Circle device!
We'd recommend rebooting Circle anytime you encounter an issue related to all of your devices or your entire network, or if Circle's LED suddenly starts blinking. There are two ways to reboot Circle.
Reboot via the Circle app
To reboot via the Circle app do the following:
- Make sure Circle is powered on and the light is solid. If the unit is not accessible via the app, you will need to reboot via the power button.
- Open the Circle app.
- Tap the Menu button (some people say it looks like a hamburger).
- Tap Manage.
- Tap Reboot Circle.
Your Circle device will then reboot, powering off, back on, blinking for a moment, and if it can connect back to your router the light will go solid.
Reboot using the power button
To reboot via the power button do the following:
- Make sure Circle is plugged into power and on. (Hold the power button to turn it on if plugged in.)
- Hold down on the power button for 10 seconds. The unit's light will power off.
- Release the power button.
- Hold down on the power button for 3 seconds and then release. The unit's light will power back on.
Your Circle device will blink for a moment, and if it can connect back to your router the light will go solid.
To turn the Circle device ON
- Plug your Circle device into a power outlet using the USB cable and power adapter supplied with your purchase (see image below)
- The Circle device will turn ON when connected to power and the LED will illuminate, indicating that your Circle device has power.
- If the Circle device does not power on, press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds until the LED indicator turns ON.
To turn the Circle device OFF
The Circle device was designed with enterprising kids in mind and has an internal battery that will keep it working, even if it's unplugged. There may be times, however, when you may need to turn your Circle device off, and this is how:
- Locate the power button on the back of your Circle device.
- Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds until the LED power indicator turns off.
- Release the power button.
NOTE: If the Circle device is still connected to a power outlet, a loss and return of power to that outlet will most likely cause the Circle device to power ON. Remove the Circle device's power adapter to prevent this.
If the Circle device won't turn or stay powered ON:
If your Circle device is not turning on or seems to have difficulty staying on, it is possible that your Circle device is having power-related problems. Here are a few things to check to make sure that the Circle device is getting enough power:
- Ensure that the power cable is fully plugged in.
The USB power cable must be inserted completely and snugly into both your Circle device and the power adapter plug to function properly.
- Try another power outlet.
Occasionally, power outlets do not perform properly. You may need a different outlet for your Circle device.
- Try another USB cable or USB wall adaptor.
It is possible that your Circle device was shipped with a malfunctioning USB cable or plug. If you use another power cable or plug and find that your Circle device is now consistently receiving power, please let us know using the links below, and we will replace your defective components.