Circle must be plugged in and turned on in order to work. Circle has a backup battery which will last for a few hours, but should remain plugged into power when possible.
Symptoms of power issues and battery failure
- No LED light on when Circle is plugged in
- Notification about your Circle needing attention
Troubleshooting for battery issues
- Try a different power adapter.
- Try a different power cable.
- Try a different, known to work, power outlet.
- Be sure that the cable is firmly plugged in on both ends.
- Hold the power button on for 3 seconds while Circle is plugged in, and then release.
If the unit is powering on but having issues staying on, and you've already worked through the above, you can try the following
- Turn the unit on while not plugged in and let the battery die. Then plug it back in and power it on by holding the power button for 3 seconds then releasing.
- Backup your profiles while the unit is on and connected via the app under Menu > Manage. Afterwards make sure to keep the app installed since your profiles are saved with it.
- Turn the unit on and factory reset it. Then leave it plugged in and set up again. Does the unit remain powering on and charge correctly?
I think my Circle device is broken
If your Circle isn't powering on or the hotspot for Circle isn't appearing when it is turned on, and you've worked through the above, reach out to our support team using the button at the bottom of this article. If you're seeking a warranty exchange make sure to have your proof of purchase and shipping address available. Also check out our warranty information here.
My power cord is broken!
Should your power cord or charging base malfunction for any reason don't use them with the Circle device. Instead, use another known to work charging cord and base. Any USB micro connector will work. Can't find one that will work? We're glad to help. Contact our support team using the button below. Click "I have a Circle device" and then contact us using your preferred method.