Did you subscribe to Circle on NETGEAR's Premium version, only later to find these features missing? Is your Circle on NETGEAR Premium subscription not applying?
What's the issue?
After subscribing to Circle on NETGEAR Premium successfully some folks are seeing their Premium features disappear. The app still says they are subscribed when they go to restart the subscription but Premium features like Time Limits or History are missing. We believe this occurs after an update to your router or the admin. device.
Make sure to check your profile filter levels!
Keep in mind that the "None" profile filter level might look like it doesn't have Premium features enabled. The "None" level was meant just for Pausing, so it won't have features like Filtering, History, Usage, Time Limits, etc. You can read more on that level here. Check your profile level by opening the profile then looking at the Filter section and making sure it is not "None". To change that tap on the Filter section or the level shown.
What can I do to get my Premium features back right now?
Confirm your status and firmware
- Confirm you have a current premium subscription. You can check under your Google or Apple account associated with your device within the subscription section. You must have a premium subscription present to use the premium features. If you've ever replaced the router make sure to move your Circle on NETGEAR subscription as well!
- Make sure you have the latest firmware on your NETGEAR router. Follow these instructions to check/update your router.
Important: some older versions of NETGEAR firmware may need updated manually. You can compare your firmware version in the router settings against those on your router's support page at Netgear Support and confirm if you have the latest version of your firmware.
For the ORBI RBR50:
If your firmware version is 184.108.40.206 or lower, you cannot update the firmware directly to v2.3 or higher. You must first update the firmware to v220.127.116.11 using the manual firmware update feature in the router web interface. After updating the firmware to v18.104.22.168, your Orbi router reboots, and then you can update to higher versions."
- Confirm the profile you are looking at in the Circle app is not set to the None filter level since the premium features won't be available on that level.
Reboot your devices
- Reboot your router by powering it down, waiting 10 seconds, and then powering it on.
- Reboot your phone and reopen the Circle app. Check and see if the Premium features have returned to the Circle app by opening it up.
- Afterwards, wait about an hour or so and check for those features.
Check and set the Date and Time on your router
- Launch a web browser and enter routerlogin.net into the address bar.
- Enter the router admin username and password.
- Select ADVANCED >> Administration >> NTP Settings.
- Verify your timezone is correct or change it to be so.
- Make sure you're using NETGEAR's default server.
- Afterwards save your changes, reboot the router, and wait an hour.
- Test to see if the premium features have returned.
If the features have not returned:
- On Android devices: cancel the subscription by stopping renewal then restart it from the Circle app to reupload the required receipt. (This will not charge you again.) Make sure to start the same subscription type again (Annual or Monthly) and that you do so by opening the Circle app then tapping on the "Gift Icon" or the Menu section for Premium.
- On iOS devices: reapply your subscription by opening the Circle app, tapping on the "Gift" icon, and then using the option to restore/reapply above the "Start 1-month trial" button. Do not cancel the subscription and try to start a new one.
Starting your subscription again will not result in a double charge for Circle on NETGEAR. If you are seeing a double charge from Circle, it's likely you've subscribed to Circle on NETGEAR Premium along with Circle Go.
After the above, check to see if the features are available after waiting fifteen minutes. Close and reopen the app. If they features have not returned, reset your Circle on NETGEAR via the app under Menu > Manage and then try setting up again as new using the Circle app.