For some Linksys routers, an advanced feature called "Express Forwarding" must be disabled for the Circle device to work properly.
Disable Express Forwarding:
- Connect a computer to the Wi-Fi network from your Linksys router.
- Open a web browser and login to your router's management interface at linksyssmartwifi.com
- Select 'Connectivity' and then the 'Administration' tab on the top right side of the screen.
- Uncheck the Express Forwarding box in the middle of the screen.
- Click 'Apply' at the lower right side of the screen to save this setting and reboot your router.
- After a few minutes, your router will be ready to work with Circle.
- Linksys AC1900 EA7500 v1
- Linksys AC4000 EA9300
- Linksys AC2600 Max-Stream EA8500
- Linksys Velop Whole-Home Mesh Wi-Fi System
📒 Note: Other models with this feature, like the AC5400 EA9500, are not affected because they employ a different chipset. Express forwarding should stay ON for unaffected models.