Having trouble getting your Circle Home Plus paired up to your network? You've come to the right place.
You can check out the list of potential issues below for possible causes and resolutions. If your issue isn't on the list, use the search bar above or contact support using the links at the bottom of this page.
Note: having issues with Internet connectivity after setting up Circle Home Plus? You may need to enable Compatibility Mode. Learn more here.
Check the status of the power light.
The power light is a white LED on the back of your Circle Home Plus.
- If the light is blinking slowly, this means Circle Home Plus is in "pairing mode," meaning it's not already connected to a network and is ready to be paired.
- If the light is solid, Circle Home Plus believes it's already paired, so the Circle App won't be able to find it when attempting to pair.
- If the light is flashing quickly, Circle Home Plus may be encountering hardware problems.
- If the light is off, Circle Home Plus is powered off. Verify that the power cable connections are secure and that it's plugged into a working outlet, then hold the power button down for a few seconds.
You can unpair Circle Home Plus through the Circle App. Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the home screen, then tap "Settings" and "[reset Circle home Plus]" to get it back into pairing mode. Don't worry, none of your profiles or settings will be affected by resetting Circle Home Plus.
Close and restart the Circle App.
Run into an error during setup? Sometimes all it takes is a quick restart. Close the Circle App on the device you're using to pair Circle Home Plus, then launch it and try again.
Ensure you're using the Parent version of the Circle App.
Only the Parent version of the Circle App can set up Circle Home Plus. To switch a Kid device over to the Parent app, uninstall the Circle App, reinstall it, set up as a Parent device, and sign in with your Circle Account.
Wait at least 60 seconds after powering on.
If you just turned on Circle Home Plus, it may not have had enough time to boot up. Make sure it's been on for at least 60 seconds before you start the pairing process.
After connecting it to Ethernet or connecting to the hotspot, wait at least 30 seconds for the connection to stabilize as well.
Make sure everything is up to date.
Make sure that the Circle App and your iOS or Android operating system are updated fully. You can update your device from the system Settings app and can update your Circle app from the App Store on iOS or the Play Store on Android.
Make sure you're on the right Wi-Fi network.
Connect your phone to the same network that you're trying to pair with Circle Home Plus. If you're on another network, or connected via cellular data instead of Wi-Fi, you won't be able to pair Circle Home Plus.
Ethernet pairing issues?
By default, Circle Home Plus pairs over Ethernet before Wi-Fi. Ensure an Ethernet cable is connecting Circle Home Plus to your router and that the cable is plugged in tightly on both ends. Also verify that the link lights on the Ethernet ports are showing activity by blinking or turning on and staying solid.
As well, Circle Home Plus does require that all devices are plugged in and currently have power. Check that the power lights are on for both the router and Circle Home Plus.
Circle Home Plus must be connected to your main router that provides wireless internet to your home, not a Wi-Fi extender or mesh network mode. If you're not sure, look for a box with blinking lights, a power cable, some ethernet ports, and perhaps a few antennas.
Trying to pair over Wi-Fi?
If you're skipping the Ethernet pairing step, there are a few special considerations you should be aware of:
- Ensure Circle Home Plus is within 3-5 feet of the router and there's a clear line of sight between them.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi network is password-protected.
- The default password for the Circle Home Plus hotspot is 'mycircle' (but it'll change after first pairing).
- Make sure you remain connected to the Circle Home Plus hotspot for the duration of the pairing process. Turn off cellular data on your phone (as well as any WiFi Assist features) if you're having problems.
- Make sure you're selecting the Wi-Fi network created by your router, and that the password is correct.
Check router compatibility.
Check out this article to see if the router that you're trying to pair with has any known issues with Circle Home Plus.
Check network configuration.
In rare circumstances, network configuration could be at the heart of the issue. Check out this article for help ensuring that communication between Circle Home Plus and the Internet is allowed.
Reset Circle Home Plus
If you continue to see issues after the above, you may need to reset Circle Home Plus and add it back via the app. You can unpair Circle Home Plus through the Circle App. Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the home screen, then tap "Settings" and "[reset Circle home Plus]" to get it back into pairing mode. Don't worry, none of your profiles or settings will be affected by resetting Circle Home Plus.
As well as the above, make sure if your Circle LED light is not blinking to manually reset it using this guide. Afterwards the device should begin blinking slowly when powered on and should be ready for set up. Open the Circle app and then try setting up Circle Home Plus again from the Menu.