Trying to Locate a device but having issues? Keep in mind the following.
Requirements for using the Location feature
- To use Location, the Profile you want to locate must have an iOS or Android device with the Circle App installed and Location Services turned on. For more on this see [Adding Kid Devices].
- The located device must have Internet access — so make sure it's connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi and that Airplane Mode is not enabled.
- Locating a device will only work if the managed device has Location Services enabled (family members can disable Location Services at any time on the device). Circle will notify you if this is the reason a device cannot be located. We encourage you to refer to [Tips for Parents] for thoughts on discussing Circle settings (like Location) with your family.
- The located device must meet the same [requirements as the Circle App].
Tips and Troubleshooting
- Wait for Circle to locate the device. This can take a minute or two.
- Make sure your Kid app, Parent app, and devices are fully updated when using Location.
- Try rebooting your Kid Device and Parent Device if you have any issues using Location.
- If Circle indicates the device could not be Located after working through the above, check the device's VPN settings. Open the Parent App, tap on a Profile, tap "Devices" and find the device. If you see a message to "Check the Device VPN" you may need to remove the device completely and reinstall the Kid App. You can read how to do so at [Troubleshooting Issues with the Kid App].
- If the Kid App has been removed from the device, reinstall it. During setup, make sure to allow any requests for Location or Push Notifications since both are required to use the Location feature.
- Read our guide for restricting app removal on iOS devices at [Tips for Parents].
The Location feature is not available on Circle 1st generation, Circle with Disney, or Circle on NETGEAR.