Circle Home Plus extends your mobile experience with Circle to your entire Wi-Fi network, allowing you to manage every connected device in your home — laptops, smart TVs, game consoles, and everything else. You’ll still use the Circle App, but you’ll have the added functionality of Circle Home Plus built right in.
Circle Home Plus works by pairing directly with your router and inspecting all the non-encrypted Internet traffic that comes through your home network, so you won’t need to install software or adjust any settings on your family devices to be able to manage them.
Maintaining a strong and consistent connection between Circle Home Plus and your router will ensure a fast, reliable Internet connection in your home.
- Make sure that your router and Wi-Fi network are compatible with Circle Home Plus.
- Use the Circle Smart Parental Controls app to set up and manage Circle Home Plus. (The Circle App is available on the iOS App Store and Android Play Store, and is compatible with iOS version 10 or greater and Android version 5.0 or greater.)
- To pair Circle Home Plus, you'll start from the home screen of the Circle App — if you haven't already created an account, you can find more information here.
After you've completed these steps, move on to the following:
- Identify a power outlet for Circle Home Plus near your router.
- Get the Ethernet cord and power cord ready.
- Identify your home's main Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure you're connected to your home Wi-Fi network. It also helps to turn off cellular data on your phone and forget any other networks that your device might join during setup.
Pairing Circle Home Plus with your home network.
In the Circle App, open the home screen menu — it’s located in the top left corner of the home screen — and then select “Set Up Circle Home Plus.”
Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network that you’re pairing with Circle Home Plus.
Find your home router. It's the device that provides Wi-Fi to your home. Make sure you’ve found your router, rather than a modem, network extender, or another piece of equipment.
Set Circle Home Plus next to your router.
Plug Circle Home Plus into a nearby wall outlet with the provided USB charger and make sure the light on the back has come on and is blinking slowly.
Connect Circle Home Plus and your Wi-Fi router using the Ethernet cable.
Follow the steps in the Circle App to pair Circle Home Plus to your network via Ethernet and Wi-Fi, then create your Home Profile by setting up a Filter and selecting all your family’s shared devices.
Need more help? Check out the video below for setup information.
Troubleshooting Circle Home Plus setup.
Check out this help article for assistance pairing Circle Home Plus using the Ethernet cord or the Wi-Fi pairing method.
Don’t forget to assign your newly-found devices to your family members’ Profiles so that their settings will apply to all their devices.
Your Circle Home Plus may discover network devices that do not belong to you or your family members. Be aware that you may not use Circle Home Plus to manage or monitor Internet access for these devices without first informing the device owner and obtaining permission.