With many routers/modems used by the Comcast/Xfinity internet service provider, the default firewall security options are set too high, and thus create connection issues with the Circle device. If you're unable to pair your Circle device with such a router/modem, you must lower your router's security settings in order for Circle to work.
Changing the Security Settings
We recommend following the steps below to fix this issue. These changes will affect your Wi-Fi network's security settings, so only change them if you feel comfortable doing so.
Warning: following these instructions may reboot your router near the end of the process. Your network will be down until the router comes back online. This could take a minute or so.
- Log in to the router. If you are unsure of how to do this, please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for assistance.
- In the menu on the left-hand side, click Gateway -> Firewall. A submenu will display.
- Click on IPv4. This will display security options in the center of the screen.
- Choose the Minimum Security (Low) option.
- Click on Save Settings in the bottom of the menu.
- Your router may automatically reboot at this point.