The Settings screen provides additional information about your Circle account along with options to customize and secure your experience. Here's what you will find on the Settings screen:
- Current app version
- Current "build number" (i.e., the specific iteration of the software)
- The current signed-in Circle account.
- Reset account data. Tap this to completely wipe out all Profiles, settings, assigned Devices, and any paired Circle Home Plus. After tapping this option, you'll be asked to set up everything from scratch.
- Sign Out. Tap this to sign out of your current account. You will then have the option to sign back in with a different account, with its own Profiles, settings, managed Devices, and paired hardware.
- Push Notifications: Pick which notifications are sent to your management device when Circle needs attention.
- Lock PIN: Set a unique, 4-digit PIN to prevent unauthorized access to your Circle account.
Circle Home Plus Settings
If you've paired a Circle Home Plus to manage devices connected to your local WiFi network, several more options option will appear:
- Firmware Version: The current version of the software that powers your Circle Home Plus device.
- Paired Wi-Fi / Pair with Wi-Fi (Backup): The network name that Circle Home Plus is paired with over Wi-Fi. If you are paired over Ethernet and have not set up the Wi-Fi pairing backup, you can tap this option to pair to set up a backup Wi-Fi network.
- Router Compatibility: Learn more about and enable Circle's Compatibility Mode. Read more about Compatibility mode here.
- Disable Circle Home Plus: Temporarily disable Circle Home Plus' management of your home network.
- Reboot Circle Home Plus: Tap to reboot your Circle Home Plus. After a couple minutes, it will come back online.
- Remove Circle Home Plus: Factory reset and remove Circle Home Plus from your network. NOTE: While this will not delete any of your Profiles or settings, any devices Circle Home Plus was managing over Wi-Fi will be removed from your configuration.