A Circle account is required to manage your families profiles, assign devices, and configure settings.
When you first open the Circle App, tap the Get started button to begin. After you Accept the Terms & Conditions, you'll get a screen where you can choose either to set up this device as a parent or as a kid device.
Tap Set up as Parent device, and you'll be taken to the following screen.
Tap Sign up at the bottom of this screen, and you'll be presented with the opportunity to create a Circle account with your name, email, and password. There are a few things to keep in mind here:
- Your email address is case-sensitive. This means that and capitalization in your email will be required when you attempt to log in next time.
- You will need to verify that your email address is valid by responding to a verification email that we will send. If your email has a typo or it you enter an email that you don't have access to, you will not be able to verify your email address to proceed.
- Your "Given" name is your "First" name.
- Your "Family" name is your "Last: name.
- Your password must contain a lower case letter, an upper case letter, a number, and must be at least 10 characters long.
Once you've entered all of that information, tap Sign up. You'll be asked to confirm your account via a verification email that was sent to you. Open that email (it may take several minutes for it to arrive), click the link, and then return to the app and tap Continue.
Finally, enter the email address and password from the previous screen, and tap Sign in to finish creating your Circle account.
Forgot the password you signed up with and need to sign in again? Follow these steps to change your password and recover your account.
- At the sign-in screen, tap Forgot your password?
- Type in the email address associated with your account and tap Reset my password.
- When typing in your email address to reset your password, make sure to use the exact same email you used to sign up. This includes any punctuation or capitalization. If you are having issues resetting or logging in try capitalizing the first letter of your email address. (Some keyboards on devices by default capitalize the first letter of a sentence and this might be the issue here.
- Finally, enter the verification code sent to your email to pick another password.
- Enter your new password twice, then tap Change password to be taken back to the sign-in screen. Note that your new password must follow the same guidelines as in the sign up process.
Can't remember which email you signed up with?
- Make sure you enter your email exactly as you signed up. The login is case-sensitive for both your email address and password.
- Try using every email you can remember using since you first set up Circle.
- Check in the Google Play Store or iOS App Store (whichever one corresponds to the device you're using) to see what account you're signed in with.
- Look through your email accounts for any sign of Circle communications, including setup emails and verification codes.
Finally, if you're at the end of your rope, you can always reach out to us here at Circle Support. We're here to help!