Feature Video: Profile Setup
Circle Feature: Profile Setup
Profiles are the basis for how Circle manages online time and content for the devices in your home. When you create a Profile, you can set Filters, Time Limits, Bedtimes, and more. Any devices assigned to this Profile will be subject to those settings.
This article covers:
- What you should know about profiles
- Creating a new profile
- Setting up the profile's settings
- Assigning devices to a profile
What should I know about profiles?
- Profiles allow you to manage your families devices using different settings. You can assign devices to a profile and they will inherit the settings of that profile.
- There is no profile limit and you can set up as many profiles as you'd like (but we don't recommend more than 15 or so due to user interface issues after that).
- You can assign as many or as few devices as you'd like to a profile.
- Find advice on shared devices and profiles here.
- You can edit a profile's name or photo.
Creating a new profile
To create a new profile for your family, launch the Circle app and go to Menu >> Add Profile.
Provide a name and picture
When you start creating a Profile, the first thing you'll be asked to do is assign a name and a picture. Select “Add Photo,” then you'll see the option to either take a new picture using your phone’s camera or choose a picture from the photos currently on your phone.
When everything appears as you’d like, select Next.
Configure the Filter, Time Limits, and Bedtime features
When you create a Profile, you'll be taken through the following Profile creation steps. (If you want to skip any of these, select Skip in the upper right corner of the screen.)
Focus Times can be added later from the Profile's main screen.
Next, you'll be able to assign devices. You can start by adding a mobile device if you want to. Otherwise you can skip this and add a device from your device list.
Here, you'll see all of the devices currently managed by Circle, with a Profile picture next to each one indicating which Profile it’s assigned to.
Just select any device to add it to this Profile. If you make a mistake here, just select it again to clear the checkmark.
When device assignment is how you want it, tap Continue. Your new Profile is all ready to go! If you want to create another tap Add another family profile otherwise tap I'm finished.