For some Linksys routers, an advanced feature called "Express Forwarding" must be disabled for the Circle device to work properly.
Disable Express Forwarding:
- Connect a computer to the Wi-Fi network from your Linksys router.
- Open a web browser and login to your router's management interface at linksyssmartwifi.com
- Select 'Connectivity' and then the 'Administration' tab on the top right side of the screen.
- Uncheck the Express Forwarding box in the middle of the screen.
- Click 'Apply' at the lower right side of the screen to save this setting and reboot your router.
- After a few minutes, your router will be ready to work with Circle.
- Linksys AC1900 EA7500 v1
- Linksys AC4000 EA9300
- Linksys AC2600 Max-Stream EA8500
- Linksys Velop Whole-Home Mesh Wi-Fi System
📒 Note: Other models with this feature, like the AC5400 EA9500, are not affected because they employ a different chipset. Express forwarding should stay ON for unaffected models.
Other possible workarounds
Enabling compatibility mode for Circle may resolve some of the above issues. You can read more about compatibility mode here.