For specific details related to the Circle 1st generation device, please scroll down until you see the image for "Circle 1st generation."
Have you already paired your Circle Home device, but the Circle app can’t find it? It’s possible that Circle Home Plus has become unpaired from your router.
This can happen if you’ve replaced your router or changed its network password. In this case, you’ll have to reconnect to the Circle Home hotspot and repair it to your network. Alternatively, plug Circle in using Ethernet to your router or reset the device.
How do I pair the Circle Home Plus device again?
You can pair Circle Home Plus again in a couple of ways:
(Android Only) Connect to the hotspot and change the network password
Please note this option is only available in the Android app currently.
If you've changed the network password on your router that Circle was paired with it will go offline, unless the Ethernet cord is plugged in. You can change the password Circle Home Plus is using to connect. To do so:
- Open your Circle parent app
- Tap on the banner indicating Circle Home Plus is offline
- Tap update Wi-Fi credentials and follow the in-app prompts
- If you're having any issues following those prompts work through one of the options below
Plug Circle in via Ethernet
If the Circle hotspot can't be connected to or you want to plug Circle in via Ethernet you can get the unit working again with the following:
- Plug Circle into your main router displaying your network at home
- Reboot Circle by holding power for 10 seconds, then powering the device back on
- Reboot your router
- Wait a couple of minutes and then reopen the Circle app and things should be back to normal
- If you are still seeing a banner saying Circle is offline try force closing the parent app (You can also uninstall and reinstall the Circle parent app for troubleshooting here, afterwards log in with your account credentials)
Remove Circle Home Plus and reset
Should none of the above work, remove Circle Home Plus from your account and reset it. Then set up again as new.
- Open the Circle app
- Tap Menu >> Settings >> Remove Circle Home Plus
- Reset Circle Home Plus using this guide
- Set up Circle Home Plus again using the in-app prompt or from the Circle app Menu
Note: you might have trouble connecting to Circle if you are using a VPN on your phone or tablet during setup -- we recommend disabling that during setup.
The Hotspot isn't Appearing
Not seeing the Circle hotspot and unable to manage Circle? Check out this article for more help!
If you are attempting to set up a brand new or factory reset Circle Home (1st generation) device, see this article for some setup tips.
Have you already paired your Circle Home (1st generation) device, but the Circle app can’t find it? It’s possible that Circle Home has become unpaired from your router. This can happen if you’ve replaced your router or changed its network password. In this case, you’ll have to reconnect to the Circle Home device hotspot and repair it to your network. Alternatively, plug Circle in using Ethernet to your router.
📒 NOTE: For security reasons, after you initially pair your Circle Home device, we change the default hotspot password to a unique string of numbers and letters to make sure only the authorized individual--you--can access Circle if it becomes disconnected.
How do I see the correct password?
1. Open the Circle app.
2. Tap "Pair New Circle".
3. Proceed through set up as if you were setting up a new Circle.
4. When prompted to pair with the hotspot, you'll see the correct password listed there.
Once you have the correct password you can open your device's WiFi settings, forget the Circle hotspot network, and connect to it using the correct password.
⚠️Still can't connect or is the hotspot password not working? If you’ve deleted and reinstalled the Circle app or purchased a new admin device to manage Circle, the setup screen may display the incorrect hotspot password. If that’s the case, try plugging Circle into your router via Ethernet cord. The LED light should be come solid. After a minute or two, connect to your WiFi network and open the Circle app to find and manage your device again.
Note: You might have trouble connecting to Circle if you are using a VPN on your phone or tablet during setup -- we recommend disabling that temporarily.
Troublehooting other issues connecting to hotspot
Still can't connect to the Circle hotspot?
- Make sure you are near the device.
- Verify the "Circle-****" network appears in your Wi-Fi list.
- Ensure the device is powered on and blinking by resetting it.
- Turn off data on your device.
- Try forgetting the Wi-Fi network for "Circle-****".
The Hotspot isn't Appearing
Not seeing the Circle hotspot and unable to manage Circle? Check out this article for more help! If the LED light on Circle isn't on try troubleshooting power issues. Finally, you may need to delete the Circle app and reset your device then set up from new.