Using a built-in, Circle-enabled NETGEAR router, and not our little white box? You'll need to subscribe to Premium in order to use this feature; see this article for more details.
When you first use the Circle app to manage your home network, under the Filter tab for a family member's profile you'll see several popular online apps or websites that help make filtering the right content easy.
Each profile level has different default apps or websites it shows, with the kid Filter being the most restrictive, and the Adult Filter being the most expansive.
The Circle device additionally watches many other apps or websites, but does not display them by default in this list. Once a device assigned to this profile has visited one of these additional apps or website, it will automatically appear under the profile's Insights. We have a list of all such apps or websites that we keep up-to-date here.
After a new additional app or website appears in a profile's Usage, you can adjust the Filter for it.
Adjusting the Filter for an App or Website
For those apps or websites that are not visible by default, here's how to adjust the filter for them:
- If the app or website doesn't already appear in your Usage, open the app or website you wish to filter on a device assigned to the profile that you'd like to adjust the settings for. Doing so makes the app or website appear under the profile's Insights.
- Once you've visited the app or website open the Circle app, and navigate to the appropriate family member's profile.
- Tap Usage, and locate the app or website in the list. If it does not appear, make sure you have spent a few minutes actively using it before checking.
- Once found, tap the app or website, and choose to add it. You can also set a Time Limit from here, or set it to be Not Allowed or Unmanaged. All options will add this app or website to your visible list.
- In the future, you can now manage this app or website from the Filter section, as you would a default app or website.