When you first use the Circle app to manage your home network, under the Filter tab for a family member's profile you'll see several popular online apps or websites that help make filtering the right content easy.
The Circle app additionally watches many other apps or websites but does not display them by default on this list. You can add these additional apps from the filter page, or from the Usage page. Once an app is added to the list you can set it as Allowed, Not Allowed, or Unmanaged depending on your preference (do so by tapping on the button next to the App).
Adding more apps to your Filter list
The Circle app lets you add additional apps to your Filter Settings for each profile. You can do so from the Filter Settings page, or from the Profile's Usage.
Finding Additional Apps from the Filter Settings
To find and add an additional app for your profile's Filter Settings.
- Open the Profile you'd like to edit.
- Tap Filters.
- Make sure the profile is on the Kid, Teen, or Adult Filter Level. The None Filter Level does not allow for filtering of Apps or Websites.
- Tap the "Plus" button (Android) or scroll down to the end of the list and tap "Add more apps & websites" (iOS).
- Search for the app you'd like to add.
- Check the app to add it to your list and return to the Filter Settings page to change that to Allowed, Not Allowed, or Unmanaged.
Adding from additional apps from Usage
Once a device assigned to this profile has visited one of these additional apps or website, it will automatically appear under the profile's Insights. We have a list of all such apps or websites that we keep up-to-date here.
After a new additional app or website appears in a profile's Usage, you can adjust the Filter for it.
Adjusting the Filter for an App or Website
For those apps or websites that are not visible by default, here's how to adjust the filter for them:
- Add the app to your filter list using the guidance above.
- Find the app in the Filter list and tap the Allowed button to cycle between Allowed, Not Allowed, and Unmanaged.
- Once added to the list an app cannot be removed. Change the profile to a different filter level to remove that app from the list, or create a new profile and delete your old profile.