When you first use the Circle app to manage your home network, under the Filter tab for a family member's profile you'll see several popular online apps or websites that help make filtering the right content easy.
The Circle app additionally watches many other apps or websites but does not display them by default in this list. You can add these additional apps from the filter page, or from the Usage page. Once an app is added to the list you can set it as Allowed, Not Allowed, or Unmanaged depending on your preference (do so by tapping on the button next to the App).
Adding an additional app from the Filter page
Note: the "Plus" button feature is currently only available for Circle Parental Control Android apps version 2.16 and above. This feature will be available for iOS users in the future. iOS app users should see the section "Adding from additional apps from Usage" to add these additional apps.
Starting in Circle Parental Controls version 2.16 we've added the ability to add additional apps to your filter list using the "Plus" button on the page.
To add an additional app:
- Tap on the "Plus" button.
- Check the app you'd like to add for management (in the example below we've chosen "Apple Music).
- Once the additional app appears in your Filter list, you can tap on the Allowed button to change that to Not Allowed or tap once more to set it as Unmanaged (as in the example below.)
Adding from additional apps from Usage
Once a device assigned to this profile has visited one of these additional apps or website, it will automatically appear under the profile's Insights. We have a list of all such apps or websites that we keep up-to-date here.
After a new additional app or website appears in a profile's Usage, you can adjust the Filter for it.
Adjusting the Filter for an App or Website
For those apps or websites that are not visible by default, here's how to adjust the filter for them:
- Add the app to your filter list using the guidance above.
- Find the app in the Filter list and tap the Allowed button to cycle between Allowed, Not Allowed, and Unmanaged.
- Once added to the list an app cannot be removed. Change the profile to a different filter level to remove that app from the list, or create a new profile and delete your old profile.