Sometimes you want some extra coverage. Circle can work alongside other parental controls or other network management/antivirus software and devices if these are providing different protections. However, there might be some interference between Circle and these other services if they are providing the same features or work in similar ways. If you're having issues after introducing Circle, you might need to disable these other services.
Circle and Network Security or Antivirus Features
Because of the way the Circle devices works, certain network security features might interfere with its set up or management. If you've enabled MAC/IP Spoofing checks on your network's router or using another device or software, you'll need to disable that before Circle will work to manage your network.
Custom DNS Settings on a Device
Because of How Circle Works you won't be able to use Custom DNS settings on your device. Instead those will fallback to the router's DNS settings. You can read more on this here.
Circle's kid app and other parental controls
- Android and iOS devices (phones or tablets) cannot run multiple VPNs at the same time.
- That means the Circle kid app cannot run at the same time as another VPN app.
- It is not uncommon for compatibility issues to occur when trying to use the Circle app VPN and an MDM (mobile device manager) at the same time.
- We recommend only using the Circle kid app VPN on your child's devices
- iOS devices: Using certain Screentime features may interfere with your use of Circle. We recommend avoiding the Downtime and App Limits features while using Circle.