Plugged in your Circle device, but the light doesn't come on? Hold down the power button above the power port for a couple seconds and then release. Still having issues? See below!
Troubleshooting steps for power issues involve checking the power cable, charging block, and power outlet, and then attempting to turn on Circle:
- Try a working micro-USB cable (Circle with Disney), USB-C cable (Circle Home Plus) and power adapter (that's the box that connects to your power outlet).
- Try a different, known to work, power outlet.
- Be sure that the cable is firmly plugged in on both ends.
- Hold the power button on for 3 seconds while Circle is plugged in, and then release.
If the unit is powering on but having issues staying on, and you've already worked through the above, you can try the following
- Turn the unit on while not plugged in and let the battery die. Then plug it back in and power it on by holding the power button for 3 seconds then releasing.
- Backup your profiles while the unit is on and connected via the app under Menu > Manage. Afterwards make sure to keep the app installed since your profiles are saved with it.
- Turn the unit on and factory reset it using these instructions for Circle Home Plus or Circle 1st Generation. Then leave it plugged in and set up again. Does the unit remain powering on and charge correctly?
I think my Circle device is broken
If your Circle isn't powering on or the hotspot for Circle isn't appearing when it is turned on, and you've worked through the above, reach out to our support team using the button at the bottom of this article. If you're seeking a warranty exchange make sure to have your proof of purchase and shipping address available. Also check out our warranty information here.
My power cord is broken!
Should your power cord or charging base malfunction for any reason don't use them with the Circle device. Instead, use another known to work charging cord and base. Any USB-micro or USB-C cable will work.
What should I do after a power outage?
If you've had some power outage issues recently and are having issues with Circle we recommend rebooting your router by powering it off and on, then rebooting Circle. Afterwards wait 15 minutes or so for things to reconnect. Note: rebooting your router will take down your access to the Internet temporarily. If the Circle device still does not power on or have a solid LED light try changing to another power outlet, or checking your breakers at home. As well, you may need to plug Circle into your router via Ethernet and wait a few minutes.