You may find that your Circle accounts time does not appear consistent with the time zone that you are currently in, or would like it to be in. There are a couple symptoms that could pop up in your Circle experience that are rooted in this issue:
- BedTimes start/end earlier or later for family members than their settings say it should.
- Time-stamping in the profile's History don't match the actual time of the day when sites were visited or filtered out.
If any of these symptoms occur for you, you may want to correct the time zone for your Circle.
How to correct the time zone for your Circle
- On the device you use to manage your Circle account, remove the Circle app from that device completely.
- Go to the correct app store for your device, and download a fresh version of the Circle Parental Controls app.
- Open the app and login by setting up the parent app.
- Once you have the app open and signed in, your Circle account's time zone settings will change over to what the phone currently is using.
NOTE: If the time settings on that phone are still incorrect, your Circle device's time settings will not reflect your current time zone. You will need to correct the time settings on that device and try again.
How Circle gets its time settings
Your Circle account gets its time settings directly from the device that was most recently logged in using the Circle parent app. Any devices managed by the Circle VPN will also have their time zone set by your parent account device. Keep this in mind if you are traveling!