There are many reasons why a site may fail to load properly on one or more of your devices when Circle is paired with your home Wi-Fi. When a site doesn't load you will want to figure out why:
1. Is the site showing up under the Filtered section of History?
2. Is the Filter page loading or a Security Message?
3. Does the page load sometimes or not at all?
Troubleshooting when a website won't load
- Reload the website
It may be that your devices just haven't caught up with the settings changes yet.
- Check the Filter level and device assignment settings
It may be that the filter settings changes that you made for one of your family members did not get saved. Go back to their Filter Level settings for the person whose device is having trouble, and ensure that they are properly set. Additionally, ensure that the device you're having trouble with is properly assigned to the correct profile.
- Check the Custom Filters
Open the Custom Filters for the family member whose device is having trouble, and ensure that none of the custom entries are preventing that site or service from functioning as you would like.
- Clear the browser history (cache, cookies, etc.)
Your browser may have saved information from before a site was allowed and doesn't know to let the site through. Use the settings for your browser to clear out the history and let the browser re-calibrate to Circle.
Is a site being Filtered that you want Allowed?
The History view will allow you to see timelines of sites that have been visited or filtered for each profile that you have set up. If a site gets filtered, it will often show up in the Filtered list. Here's how to allow specific sites that Circle has filtered out:
- Open the profile settings for the family member whose device is having trouble.
- Tap the History option.
- Select each website you find in there you would like to be allowed, and tap "Set as Allowed" for that family member. This will add the site to their Custom Filter as a site to always allow.
- Now, try the site again; it should load properly.