Whether it's due to friends or family visiting, old devices being sold or given away, or some other reason, there may come a time when your device list in your Circle app has one or more entries in it that you would like to remove. To do this:
- Find the device to remove. On the home screen, tap the Devices icon on the top right and then tap to select the device that you would like to remove from your Circle device.
- Remove the device. Tap Remove Device from Circle on the Device Settings screen and confirm this action when the alert is shown.
- Circle Parental Controls only: If it's a mobile device managed by the Circle kid app, after performing the above steps uninstall the app from the managed device.
Remove the device from your Circle parent app:
- Open your Circle parent app
- Tap the devices icon in the upper right hand of the parent app
- Find the device and tap on its name
- Tap "Remove from Circle" and confirm (repeat the process if your device is listed more than once)
Removing a device managed by the Circle Parental Control kid app
Uninstall the Circle kid app
- Remove the Circle app from the device by uninstalling
- You can remove the device form the device list by tapping on it and then "Remove from Circle"
Removing Circle Go from a device
If you have a device that was added to Circle Go see here for how to remove that.
How do I add back a device that I've removed?
You can add a device to Circle by setting it up with the kid app (Circle Parental Controls only).
If you have Circle home Plus set up, the device will return to the device list the next time it connects to your network.
- To speed up the device reconnecting you can reboot the device and open a couple of websites while it's connected to your home network that Circle is managing. Afterwards the device will appear in your Circle app's device list.
- If the device still doesn't appear rebooting your router by powering it on and off, and rebooting Circle then waiting 15 minutes.
After the device appears again you can tap on it and then "Assigned to..." to change what profile it is assigned to. (Note: For the Circle 1st generation device all devices will be assigned to the Home profile. For Circle Parental Controls you can control where devices are assigned by default: whether in the home profile or as unmanaged.)
Remove "mystery" devices
If you are a Circle Home Plus user, you may find an entry in your device list that you don't recognize and cannot account for among the devices in your home. This is likely due to that device having access to your Wi-Fi network. We strongly recommend removing unknown devices from your Wi-Fi to maintain your security and privacy.
If a device keeps returning:
Devices that have your home Wi-Fi network information will often connect to your Wi-Fi automatically when they come within range unless the device's settings prevent this from happening. To remove these devices from your network:
- Remove the device again. Use the steps outlined above to remove the device again.
- Change your Wi-Fi information. This is the most dramatic step you can take. If you are still seeing devices joining your network without your permission and they continue to rejoin after being removed, it may be necessary to change your Wi-Fi information. Use the documentation for your router to work through steps needed in order to do this. After your security settings are changed, you can decide who can join the network and have better clarity around who is using your Internet access.
NOTE: If you've paired to WiFi as backup or are currently using Circle Home Plus over WiFi, you will need to re-pair Circle Home Plus.