It happens -- rarely the Circle Parental Controls app might crash. It's the nature of any frequently updated app. When that occurs we want to make sure you are taken care of!
If you're given the option to report your crash, make sure to do so and send along any logs you can. This helps our developers immensely.
Can you get around that crash?
If the crash occurs when you do something the same way, can you get around it by changing something?
- Try rebooting your mobile device, Circle device (under Menu >> Settings), and your router.
- If you are using data move to WiFi or vice versa.
- You can also try force closing the app or uninstalling and then reinstalling it.
- Does the crash happen if you add a second device as a parent app? Download the Circle app on a second device, then login using your Circle account info.
- Updating your device's software may help. Often older software can introduce crashes on newer apps and updating to the latest and greatest may help.
Get some support for your crash
Still seeing a crash after working through the above? We'd love to know! Use the buttons below to get more assistance.
"Network Failure" or other unknown errors in app
Are you seeing an error in Circle app when loading certain pages about "Network Failure"? Perhaps another error only when accessing a certain part of the Circle app? (Ex. "When I go into history, the visited websites show up but filtered always gives me a message of network failure."
There are a couple of reasons this might happen:
- There might be some possible network issues (perhaps its filtered or Wi-Fi is off) for your admin or kid device with the app
- A portion of your Circle configuration may have been corrupted and needs recreated or removed and re-added
- Make sure any network gear you have in the Circle list is unmanaged
- Update your Circle app or device
- Make sure the device with this issue has internet access
Removing and readding
- Remove the problematic device (and kid app) or profile and re-add it
- You can remove a device from the device settings page in Circle by tapping on the device then "Remove from Circle"
- You can add a new profile for testing from the Circle app Menu in the top left
- Uninstall your parent or kid app completely and then re-add it
- Reset your Circle device and set up again as new