As of July 11th, 2019 the Circle team believes this issue to be resolved via an update.
At this time we recommend powering on your Circle Home Plus, making sure it is enabled, and leaving it on over night so those updates can be applied.
If after doing so you have any issues, please let our team know via the contact page here. Let us know specifics on what you are seeing, on which device, and how that device is connected. As well, please let us know if any troubleshooting like checking the device settings in Circle or rebooting by holding down power on the unit for 10 seconds assists in resolving this issue.
The Circle team is aware of an issue affecting Circle Home Plus managed devices where all Internet traffic may be stopped after an undetermined time from setting up.
Symptom: Wi-Fi managed devices can't connect, reboot helps
- Devices that are managed by Circle Home Plus at home will suddenly be unable to reach the Internet
- Rebooting Circle Home Plus via Menu >> Settings resolves this issue temporarily
- Unmanaged devices or disabling Circle Home Plus via Menu >> Settings resolves this issue
- The issue does not appear immediately
Cause: a local process has died and needs restarted
We believe this issue occurs because one of the Circle Home Plus processes that track time online is dieing, and refusing traffic in a way it should not.
Troubleshooting: reboot the device
When troubleshooting this issue, keep in mind the following:
- This issue will only occur at home on your wifi: devices using data and managed by the Circle app should not be seeing this issue
- Rebooting temporarily resolves this issue
- This will affect all devices and not just some (if you are having connection issues with only some devices check out this article)
- Rebooting the device should resolve this issue temporarily (you can do so under Menu >> Settings or by following this article)
Workaround: unmanage devices
You might find unmanaging as many devices as you can also helps resolve this issue. Disabling Circle Home Plus via Menu >> Settings will resolve this issue as well.
Resolution: coming soon!
Our team is deploying a hotfix for this issue as soon as possible. We believe this will be available 7/11/2019. You can determine you have this update by checking the Circle app under Menu >> Settings and confirming your firmware is version 22.214.171.124 or above.