Are you seeing an error in Circle app when loading certain pages about "Network Failure"? Perhaps another error only when accessing a certain part of the Circle app? (Ex. "When I go into history, the visited websites show up but filtered always gives me a message of network failure."
There are a couple of reasons this might happen:
- There might be some possible network issues (perhaps it's filtered or Wi-Fi is off) for your admin or kid device with the app
- A portion of your Circle configuration may have been corrupted and needs to be recreated or removed and re-added
- Start with our crash troubleshooting!
- Make sure any network gear you have in the Circle list is unmanaged
- Update your Circle app or device
- Make sure the device with this issue has internet access
Removing and reading the app
- Remove the problematic device (and kid app) or profile and re-add it
- You can remove a device from the device settings page in Circle by tapping on the device then "Remove from Circle"
- You can add a new profile for testing from the Circle app Menu in the top left
Starting over with the app or resetting
- Uninstall your parent or kid app completely and then re-add it
- Reset your Circle device and set up again as new
Network failure 504 gateway timeout
While using the Circle app are you getting a "Network failure 504 gateway timeout" error? A couple of changes will fix that right up!
Plugin via Ethernet and Reboot!
- Plug in your Circle device via Ethernet directly to your router.
- Power down Circle by holding the power button (above the power port) for 10 seconds. Power Circle back on by clicking the power button.
Forget your home WiFi network
On the device seeing this issue, forget your home WiFi network password and then rejoin. You can do so under Settings >> WiFi.
Unmanage any network devices
- Open the Circle app and tap on the devices list at the top right.
- Tap on any network gear assigned to a profile. Then tap "Assigned to..."
- Afterwards check "Unmanaged".