UPDATE: The Circle iOS team has released an app update to resolve this issue. If you are affected, please visit the Circle Parental Controls page in the Apple App Store on your parent device and update your app.
After a recent update, some users are reporting that they are unable to access their Circle account on iOS parent devices. The Circle team is working to resolve the issue at the moment, but if you find yourself impacted by this issue, please review the steps below to regain access to your account.
Issue: iOS Circle Parental Controls app hanging on launch
You may be impacted if you are seeing the following symptoms:
- Your parent device is Apple/iOS.
- Your Circle app hangs on launch and won't load up.
- Your Circle app seems stuck on the loading image of the young girl and animation spins infinitely.
Resolution #1: Update iOS Circle Parental Controls app to 2.8.1
The Circle iOS team has released a fix to this issue. Please visit the App Store to download the newest version of the app to resolve this issue.
If you are still running into issues, we recommend proceeding to Resolution #2 below.
Resolution #2: Delete and reinstall the iOS Circle Parental Controls app
- Remove the Circle app from your parent device.
- Return to the App Store and install a fresh version of the Circle app.
- Launch your new install of the Circle app and log in using your normal email and password.
This ought to resolve the loading issue and grant you access to your account. If you are still seeing issues, we recommend going to iOS Settings >> Safari >> Clear History and Website Data and clearing out Safari data. After tapping that option, try again.
If you're running into any troubles getting your username and password to work, read more about Troubleshooting Signup and Login Issues here.