This Circle app has been updated, including bug fixes, to improve your experience. If you have questions, please visit support.meetcircle.com.
Added Ability for In-app Subscription Renewal
- The Circle app now supports in-app subscriptions for users that started their Circle membership with a bundled Circle Home Plus activation. By subscribing in-app users make sure their premium features remain active after the bundled period.
Instagram and Facebook Warning
- The Circle app will now warn users when their settings for Instagram and Facebook are not in sync. The warning will display as "Because Facebook and Instagram share messaging services, we recommend blocking both apps in order to ensure that messaging and notifications across both apps are blocked."
Setup Help: Other Circle Products
- During set up of Circle Home Plus over ethernet the Circle app will now warn if another Circle product is enabled on the network. The warning will display as "It appears that the following hardware is on your network, which is preventing Circle Parental Controls from being properly installed. <Specific product.> Please remove or disable it before proceeding."
- The Circle app now refers to "Platforms" like Netflix, Amazon, Gmail as "Popular Apps and Websites".
- Several fixes were made in the iOS app to address issues when editing rewards, creating Off Times, or editing Bed Times.
- The iOS app now displayed the default Apps in the Filter Level for all profiles. This moves Fortnite and Disney+ into default list of Apps Circle can manage.
- Fixed an issue in the Circle firmware where IPv6 enabled networks were seeing connection errors any time a filtered website was looked up by a device.
- iOS Circle app: During Ethernet pairing for Circle Home Plus if the device is not plugged in via Ethernet or found correctly, and a Circle 1st Generation device is currently on the network, a user can proceed through set up. The app will proceed and once set up is finished display the error that Circle Home Plus is offline. The resolution for this issue is to turn off the 1st generation device and tap "Remove Circle Home Plus" from the app Menu. Afterwards make sure Circle Home Plus is plugged into Ethernet and powered on and then set up again.