We are currently aware of some issues for the Circle Go / MyCircle app causing the following problems:
- Unable to enable devices with Circle Go using the MyCircle app with report that you are not subscribed.
- Unable to remove devices from Circle Go enablement.
- (Android only) unable to view devices under Menu >> Circle Go in the Circle 1st generation app.
- Device stuck in Bed Time or in a Filtered state
- Unable to connect to Internet when on VPN
- Able to connect when on Home WiFi and VPN is disable
Our engineering team is investigating the issue and trying to find a root cause. You can contact the Circle support team using the buttons at the bottom of this page to let us know if you are affected.
FOR ISSUES AFFECTING CIRCLE GO INSTALLS
Admin. / Parent App Device Information
Circle app version:
Manufacturer / model of device:
OS version (usually under Settings >> About Phone / Tablet):
Description of the Issue
- What were you trying to do with Circle Go / the MyCircle app (please be detailed)?
- What did you expect to happen at that time?
- What was the actual result at that time?
- Did you see any specific errors or unexpected results?
- Include in your reply a screenshot of any errors seen if possible.
FOR ISSUES WITH BED TIME OR STUCK IN FILTERED MODE
Affected Kid Device
- What is the device's name in Circle and the profile it is assigned to?
- What is the device's manufacturer and model #?
- What is the OS version on the device?
What is the MyCircle app version on the device? See in the App Store or Google Play Store if there is any update.
Approximately when did you install Circle Go initially on the device?
Circle Go Install (iOS only)
- Open iOS Settings >> General >> Device Management >> More Details and send me a screenshot from that screen.
- Open iOS Settings >> General >> VPN >> tap on the blue "i" icon and send me a screenshot from that screen.
Filtering Issue Description
- What date and time did this issue last occur?
- What specific profile did this occur on?
- What websites or games did not load?
- What is your timezone?
- Did any messaging about Bed Time appear at the time this occurred?
We've not seen this issue prior, so we'd like to do some testing on the affected device to see what resolves the issue.
The next time this occurs please try the following in series, testing after each change, and let us know if the issue is resolved and on which step using the buttons below and our contact info.
- Try turning the WiFi on the device off and on.
- Try turning data on the device off and on.
- Reboot the device and wait a minute.
- Uninstall the MyCircle app and VPN/Profile, then reinstall the MyCircle app and Circle Go.
ETA on Resolution
As the investigation of this issue is ongoing, we do not currently have an ETA on its resolution. We hope to see this resolved soon and will let you know any updates here as we have them.