Many parents want to make sure that chores, homework, or other responsibilities get attention before their kids enjoy time online. This release introduces Time Limits that are by reward only.
Now, parents can set the Time Limit for a specific app or category to zero minutes, then later use a Reward to extend the time. We also improved Compatibility Mode, enhanced the History view, and optimized the home screen so that it is clearer when a family profile or device is Paused.
- Added the ability to set up Time Limits that are by reward only -- The Circle app for iOS and (Android coming soon!) can now set up Time Limits that are by reward only. Learn more here!
- We've improved our checks for Compatibility Mode -- When setting up Circle Home Plus, we will now automatically check to make sure that your managed devices can connect online. Learn more about Compatibility Mode.
- Made it clearer when a profile is Paused -- When a device or profile is Paused, we will now let you know on the home screen using a Pause Badge on the profile icon.
- Cleaner History view -- We've made some improvements to the History view that should make it cleaner by removing mentions of certain Content Distribution Networks and other items parents don't care about seeing in the History view. (Usage calculation will remain the same though!)
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue where some accounts were going into the basic mode early.
- Optimized a number of items to make things quicker in the Circle app.
- Fixed an issue where Roblox traffic was being categorized incorrectly as Fortnite, Guild Wars 2, or other traffic was inaccurately classified as Roblox.
- Fixed an issue on the iOS parent app where certain changes to a profile were not saving correctly during creation.
- Fixed an issue in the iOS app where the QR code scan was failing to proceed correctly and added more relevant errors. Added logging on this as well.
- Fixed an issue where the alert badges for the iOS Kid App managed devices were not displaying correctly.
- Made some improvements in the iOS app to the "Setup Kid App" to make the language clearer.
- Fixed an issue where the iOS Kid App devices were not getting settings updates immediately when receiving a notification.