With this release, the Filter feature has also been updated so that you can easily search from Circle’s library of supported apps. Now, you won’t need to wait for apps to show up in Usage. Simply search from the Filter screen and add. If you don’t find the app you’re looking for, use the Custom Filter option to add the specific website.
Filter settings screen updates: Easily manage your family member's apps and categories using our updates to the Filter page of your profiles.
- We now group Filter settings by Apps and Categories of sites.
- Now you can add any supported App by tapping on the Plus (+) button on the Filters screen.
- We've also added the Category that each App is included under when listed in Usage.
- Finally, if you tap on a Category you can see which Apps on the profile are included in that.
Protections against private or random MAC addresses: With the release of iOS 14 and Android 10, mobile devices can enable random or private MAC addresses, which will make tracking them using Circle hard. We've included new improvements like a notification and warning badge to help you know when this is enabled on a device. Read more about handling random/private MAC addresses while using Circle.
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the logs for History / Usage were not being sent to the app in a timely manner.
- Fixed another issue where logs that were very large were not being uploaded correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Circle device would not connect to the Wi-Fi network when updating the network name or password.
- Fixed an issue where certain IP addresses were incorrectly being labeled as Minecraft.
- Fixed an issue where certain types of connections were being categorized as Roblox.
- Fixed an issue for the iOS app where the "Check VPN" badge was acting inconsistently.
- Fixed an issue for the iOS app where the "Restore Purchase" subscription option failed to work.
- Fixed an issue for the iOS app where firmware updates for Circle Home Plus were not acting reliably.
- Fixed several crashes in the iOS app.
- When adding an additional app using the Plus button, if you do not select an additional app and then cancel or press back, the Filter settings cannot be changed. Change any setting for the ability to change.