This Circle app update includes design improvements and bug fixes. As always, we're listening to your feedback and are working to improve your experience. If you have questions, please search this website or contact our support team.
Fixes & Improvements
Android Specific Improvements
- Fixed an issue where the app was displaying a "Can't connect to Circle" error when Pausing or making changes to a profile.
- Resolved issue where the Save button was grayed out after canceling the "Add apps & Websites" flow in the Filter Screen.
- Removed a problem where certain Custom Filters set to "Not Allowed" were being randomly categorized in the Usage view.
- Stopped an issue where some "None" level profiles were appearing as an option for the Time Limit Reward.
iOS Specific Improvements
- Improvements to our app-only and app with Circle device set up crossroad.
- We now display the overarching Category of an App in the Filter and Time Limits view.
- On the Filter Settings page we now display Apps, Categories, and Custom Filters using different tabs
- Fixed an issue where the "Check VPN" icon was not always appearing.
- Resolved problem where the "Restore Purchase" button in the app was only working for the monthly subscription.
- For improved support of iOS 14 and more recent versions we no longer support iOS 11 and below.
Circle Parental Controls Firmware - 3.17
On October 27th, 2020 we released firmware version 3.17 for Circle Parental Controls and the Circle Home Plus device.
Fixes & Improvements
- Updated our platform database (resolves some uncaptured VPN traffic, incorrect categorizations, etc.)
- Improvements to the pairing process and Wi-Fi back up.
- Resolved an issue where Skype IP address were appearing as Facetime or Steam.
- Small number of improvements to how Circle Home Plus handles IPv6 traffic.
- Added a timeout on one of our processes that should reduce issues related to Circle Home Plus going offline.
- Fixed an issue where enabling SafeSearch blocked access to DuckDuckGo.
- Improvements to how Circle blocked DNS over TLS requests.
- Resolved an issue where the Opera VPN was bypassing Circle's controls.
Android Devices with Private DNS settings
With the release of Circle Parental Controls firmware version 3.17 we've added filtering for DNS over TLS. This will cause issues for Android devices using a private DNS provider. The Android OS does not fall back to other DNS settings and so will be blocked from making DNS requests over TLS and no longer be able to reach the Internet. Remove those custom private DNS settings or unmanage the device from Circle to restore connectivity.